Search

To Search for your favorite brews use the search box at the top.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Day 32, August 14

The Offering: Flying Dog, Gonzo Imperial Porter

ABV: 9.2%

"It never got weird enough for me"
- Hunter S. Thompson

Based on label alone this beer is a clear winner. I typically don't like to base my opinion on aesthetics of the bottle, but what can I say, I'm a sucker for the Gonzo and Hunter S. Thompson.

Moving to the contents of the party bottle... A thick chocolately, malty, coffee brew with a bit of sweet midway through. The finish is roasted bitter coffee and slightly sweet. This is a meal in a bottle, and a very satisfying one at that. If you plan on drinking only one beer tonight and possibly want to skip dinner, make it this one. A great Imperial porter! I will be buying more.

Points: 93

Thanks to Kevin

Cheers

2 comments:

  1. "we can't stop here, this is bat country!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Yeah I can't wait for the Fear and Loathing Lager...

    ReplyDelete