The Offering: Weihenstephaner Vitus, weizenbock. German.
ABV: 7.7%
Had this at Gourmet Haus, a German beer garden in Redwood city. This is a great spot for an after work brew for anyone in the area. For the selection, I have to admit i picked completely randomly off the tap array (2nd from the left actually). I'm feeling slightly well versed in the Belgians but I'm still green on German beers
This one is pretty solid. It's a weizenbock. A bit stronger than a hef, kind of like an imperial hefeweizen. I get citrus, mainly orange, accompanied by wheat and banana. I strangely taste a bit of licorice in this one. This was a tap beer so the head was nice and it was smooth drinking all the way through. Not sure I would seek this one out but it's not disappointing in the slightest. I should give high rankings for the atmosphere alone but I'm trying to be as impartial to the beer as possible.
Points: 88
Thanks to Kevin
Cheers

No comments:
Post a Comment