Search
To Search for your favorite brews use the search box at the top.
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Day 25, August 7
The Offering: Stillwater Artisanal, of Love & Regret, Belgian Saison ale
ABV: 7.2%
Besides the explosive opening this beer is wonderful. As soon as I popped to cap this thing took off like a volcano. It was straight from the fridge with no prior agitation, so just be warned.
After it settled and I got to take a pull it was fantastic. I have never had a beer with such unique characteristics. It pours a copper kind of blood orange color. After the initial explosion the head settled down quickly, rather aggressively actually. The head started at about two inches and settled completely before I could take a picture.
The nose is a little sour with some herbal tones and maybe a little sweet. The first taste is wild like lavender, cinnamon and barley with a significant mustiness. It's not sweet or bitter really but there is some tartness and good spice. The finish is like a mouvedre (my favorite, so I may be biased) to borrow from the wine world, definite mustiness again.
Overall this one is great and I recommend it to anyone wanting something a little different.
Points:95
Thanks to Katie
Cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment