Search

To Search for your favorite brews use the search box at the top.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 23, August 5


The Offering: Westmalle Dubbel, Trappist ale

ABV: 7%

Ever since Friday's incredible Rochefort 10, I have been craving another brilliant Trappist. This is a Dubbel so it's a bit different in style but it's the closest I had in the fridge.

Right off the bat I was let down but it's hard to match perfection. This is a very solid beer but it doesn't match the complexities of the Rochefort. There is no sweetness but i get a little unsweetened caramel and chocolate. There is a dark bitterness with some spicy notes. Also, I get some floral notes with an incredible smooth finish. Overall, this is very pleasant and the best Dubbel I've tasted, it really only comes up short when compared to the Rochefort. I definitely recommend it.

Points: 94

Thanks to Katie

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment