Search
To Search for your favorite brews use the search box at the top.
Friday, August 3, 2012
Day 21, August 3
The Offering: Trappistes Rochefort 10, Belgian Quadrupel. Bottled at 9:06am Jan 17, 2011
ABV: 11.3%
This is an awesome awesome beer! This is the quintessential Belgian Trappist ale. I am really glad I was able to get a few Belgians recently under my belt before tasting this so I could really appreciate what an amazing beer this is.
The Roche 10 is a dark creamy ale that coats your mouth deliciousness. Notes of slightly sweet malt, plum, and caramel along with some unsweetened bitter chocolate. This is a super smooth tasty Trappist and I can't imagine getting much better.
Points: 98
Thanks to Katie
Cheers
Note: I mistakenly called this a Tripel when I originally posted. This is actually a Quadrupel. Essentially, Quadrupels are Dubbels with more umph. More sugar is added and more fermentation takes place resulting in a higher alcohol percentage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment