Search
To Search for your favorite brews use the search box at the top.
Friday, July 20, 2012
Day 7, July 20 - Ta Henket
Offering: Dogfish Head - Ta Henket (from their Ancient Ales series)
ABV: - 4.5%
This one is totally unique. You will not find another brew like it. As one of the Ancient Ales series, Dogfish Head actually analyzes remnants of ancient clay pots used for brewing and determines the ingredients used in beer a thousand years ago (or so). This one is brewed with Za'atar, doum fruit, chamomile and wild Egyptian yeast.
The body is pretty light and refreshing and a little tart. I actually get tastes of bread and oregano in this one. I happen to really like it, but Katie's quote tonight was "It tastes like I'm drinking a pizza". Don't worry though, it's not heavy or doughy and I bet most drinkers wouldn't pull out pizza. I recommend this to those wanting something new from their brew. I loved it and would definitely seek it out.
Points: 92
Thanks to Nick and Laural
Cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment