Search

To Search for your favorite brews use the search box at the top.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 5, July 18 - Hopsickle

Offering: Moylan's Hopsickle Imperial Ale (Triple Hoppy)

ABV: 9.2%

As advertised this is a big hops ale. You get the IBU's all the way through and you can really taste the finishing cascade hops. This is a big boy version of the typical California IPA and falls directly in the huge hops California IPA category. More research is required as to why this is called an imperial ale and not called out as an IPA.

This is an interesting point for the abrewaday rating system. I have a great beer here but since great big hoppy IPAs are common place here, and this doesn't bring anything unique beyond that, I don't know that I would go out of my way to get one. Chalk this one up to spoiled Californian, but because of the rules set day 1, I can't go above 90 on this delicious hoppy ale. Final grade 90.

Thanks to either Mikey S. or KP, you know who you are.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Phil! Having so much fun reading your blog. Hope you continue to enjoy your beer, and I promise a delicious one when I get back to the states...

    Hugs,
    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fashionably late to this, but you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete