Search

To Search for your favorite brews use the search box at the top.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 6, July 19 - La Fin du Monde

Offering: Unibroue's - La Fin du Monde

ABV: 9%

Of course it's delicious. I like to think that is what Ailia is saying in the back of this picture. It's definitely my favorite of the Unibroue brews along with Trois Pistoles. This one is a classic and a classic Belgian triple. It's wheaty and a little sweet with tastes of orange and spice (nutmeg maybe?).

The name means "end of the world", I'm not sure I'd go to the end of the world for this one, but definitely out of my way. Final score 92.

By the way, the "End" beer I was most looking forward to was "End of history"
by the guys at Brewdog (makers of Tactile Nuclear Penguin). The beer is 55% ABV and served in a taxadermied squirrel. Unfortunately, it is no longer made and was $800 while it was made. I'll have to settle for one of their lesser beers...

Thanks to Jeff Z and Maryam!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment