2012 New Belgium Brewing, La Folie, Sour Brown Ale. This one is part of New Belgium's "Lips of Faith" series and let me tell you I have faith. Awesome beer! Deep red, sour like raspberry and just plain good. Almost like an unsweetened cran apple martinelli's (but better obviously). I give this one a 95 and bonus points for its healing properties. I recommend everyone store one in the fridge at all times. Story below:
I was suffering from a bout of food poisoning today and trying to muster up the stomach for the daily offering when came across this in my fridge. After a brief moment of hesitation (sour beer on an upset stomach does not sound like a winning proposition) I decided to go for it. Let me tell you, I have a pretty ironclad gut but when it goes wrong it takes a solid day to reright itself. Anyway, after one sip of this beer I was bright eyed and bushy tailed. As I write this, after the whole beer, I am 100% with no Ill effects! Not sure what it was in the beer but I will keep it handy.
Thanks to Jacob and Georgia!

No comments:
Post a Comment