Search

To Search for your favorite brews use the search box at the top.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 11, July 24 - Petrus Aged Pale Ale

Offering: Petrus Aged Pale Ale, Flanders Oud Bruin, Brouwerij Bavik, Belgium

ABV: 7.3%

Nowhere on the label does this beer give any indication that it's a sour beer. So to say the least I was surprised on the first sip. I really thought I had opened a spoiled beer. Being adventurous, I decided what the hell and continued drinking. It really was quite refreshing for a spoiled beer. Lots of lemon, crisp, and clean. After about three sips, and sharing the "spoiled" beer with my wife and sister in law who had the same pleasant reaction, I started to think this was purposeful. My suspicions were confirmed with a quick google search that this was in fact supposed to be sour. With "spoiled" now out of the back of my mind, this was quite a delicious beer. No hops or malt to speak of but really just pleasant.

Points 93

Thanks to Kev again

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment