The Offering: Peak Organic Pale Ale, Peak Organic Brewing Company. Portland Maine
ABV: 5.1%
I can't remember a really good organic brew. If anyone has one send me a note. This one is no different, it comes up quite short of delicious. The nose is sweet with floral hops and a little malt. The mouth is where it all falls away. The bitterness is all you get. It's a super simple, flat, and bland mouth. After that it just fades to nothing. I can't recommend this one.
Points: 62
Thanks to Katie
Cheers

I have also been disappointed by the organic brews I have tried, although I cannot figure out why. Same for wines. Perhaps part of the reason is that organic breweries and wineries tend to be exclusively that, and they just may not be as focused on creating top-notch offerings. Peak Organic constitutes the bulk of my organic beer experience, and their beer generally leaves something to be desired. I decided to try them again last weekend, however, and I found their Winter Session to be quite enjoyable, so perhaps there is hope yet.
ReplyDeleteDeschutes Green Lakes is pretty reasonable
ReplyDelete