Search

To Search for your favorite brews use the search box at the top.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 115, November 5

The Offering: Erdinger Hefe-weizen, weis bier, Germany

ABV: 5.3%

This hef is a bit boring and bland. The overall takeaway is very flat. It has the typical hef notes with wheat and citrus on the nose but the mouth doesn't follow through. The mouth is more sour than citrus, there is no crispness to it. It's a little spicy but I get no bitter hops. It really just isn't balanced.

Points: 60

Thanks to Katie

Prost!

2 comments:

  1. I remember having this beer once shortly after I started drinking beer, and I thought it was pretty good. Several years later, I tried it again and was thoroughly disappointed. I realized then that I liked it the first time because it was pretty simple and inoffensive, but it just does not live up once your beer taste buds develop. Thus, your review seems spot on to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, after having a few Hefs this one falls flat on its face

    ReplyDelete