The Offering: Deschutes, Chainbreaker, white IPA. Oregon
ABV: 5.6%
I was told by an Oregonian friend to try another Deschutes brew as he was disappointed that my Day 96 review of the Hop in The Dark was only so-so. This is round two and we're a little above so-so. Keep in mind this was straight out of the bottle so some of the characteristics may not have had a chance to develop.
Even out of the bottle the Chainbreaker has a good citrus nose. I get more of the "White" than the IPA on the mouth. There are no really bitter hoppy notes, it's mostley wheat and a lot of spice. There is definitely a yeasty undertone throughout and it finishes on the dry side. This is a nice refreshing brew.
Points: 84
Thanks to Libby and Mike
Cheers

Thanks for trying another Deschutes!
ReplyDeleteI plan on drinking the Full Sail as well. I have good memories of it but we'll see how it fares in comparison to the recent brews.
ReplyDelete