Search

To Search for your favorite brews use the search box at the top.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 86, October 7

The Offering: Blue Moon, Pumpkin Harvest Ale

ABV: 5.7%

I was more than a little skeptical that this would be a gimmicky ploy by Blue Moon to add sales in the fall. Quite honestly, maybe it is. But it is a good one.

I like this brew because it not overwhelming. Great pumpkin nose and mouth without overpowering the senses. There is also a sweetness and solid spice that brings out a little pumpkin pie nostalgia. What I really like though is the clean bitter finish it keeps you in check and reminds you you are drinking beer here. Good fun brew.

P.S. Once again I find myself at odds with other brewheads as to the merits of the beer. The online community seems to think this one too kitsch. I say enjoy it.

Points: 87

Thanks to Mike and Libby

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment