Search

To Search for your favorite brews use the search box at the top.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Day 212, February 10

The Offering:  Pliny the Younger, Imperial IPA, Russian River Brewing Co. California USA

ABV:  11.0%

Wow, just wow. 8 hours in line and I will venture to say totally worth it.  Will I do it next year? absolutely not.  I will find another way in.  The brew is hands down awesome though.  Pure Liquid Hops.  If they needed a slogan that would be it.  It is sweet bitter and delicious.  The nose is amazing, like diving into a field of sweetened hops.  For all the hoppyness the mouth is surprisingly smooth and creamy.  There is no astringency, almost as if you are drinking the smell.  On the end a great clean finish!  I really can't recommend this enough.  If you ever get the chance to head to Russian River during the 2 week release, do it, otherwise find it in a San Fran bar during beer week (Toronado etc.)


Points:  97

Thanks o Katie

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment